3 dinners you actually HAVE time to make when you get home from work
Ever felt like you have to rely on unhealthy food choices simply because you are so pressed for time in the afternoons?
Well, no more. All you need is a well-stocked pantry and some go-to meals that will help you get dinner on the table in 15 minutes (or less!) flat.
Here are some of our current favourites:
1. Greek-Style Quinoa
Quinoa with some cut up tomatoes, feta, and cucumber, and olives if you have them, is the perfect go-to meal. Just add some olive oil, balsamic, and salt and pepper, and you're set.
1 cup quinoa, cooked
Chopped tomatoes, to taste
Chopped cucumber, to taste
Crumbled feta, to taste
Canned, black olives, to taste
Olive oil, to taste
Balsamic vinegar, to taste
1. Prepare quinoa according to package instructions. Chop veggies and olives and add to quinoa. Add olive oil, balsamic, salt, and pepper, to taste.
2. Pita Pizzas
All you need is some pita bread and whatever you want to top your pizza with.
1/2 cup pizza or marinara sauce
1 handful frozen pineapple
1 handful frozen spinach
Shredded cheese, to taste
1. Spread marinara sauce onto pitas.
2. Top with spinach, pineapple, and cheese (or toppings of your choosing.)
2. Bake at 300 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
3. Quick Curry
Besides the rice and potatoes, this takes all of 15 minutes to make. Perfect for when you are feeling lazy and have no time to cook, but still want something homemade and wholesome.
1-2 cups rice, cooked (you can use instant to speed things up, or prep some in advance in a rice cooker or slow cooker)
1/2-1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
Pre-boiled potatoes, cut in smaller pieces
1 onion sliced
1-2 bell peppers sliced (or use a frozen veggie mix)
1 packet curry mix
1. Brown your ground beef in a pan. Add onions, peppers, frozen veggies or potatoes.
2. When meat is done cooking, add the curry mix. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stir, and you're done! Serve over rice.
(Recipes via Simplyrecipes.com, Apeaandtheirpod.com and Refinery29.com)