3 easy, on-the-go breakfasts you can make the night before
If your mornings are anything like my mornings, I'm going to assume that there are times where you have to sacrifice your own breakfast in an attempt to get you all out the door in time.
Sounds all sorts of familiar? We hear you.
Which is why we have rounded up three seriously yummy (and healthy) breakfasts you can prepare before going to bed the nighe before – ensuring there is something there for you to grab and go the following morning – with no preparation time needed.
Sounds too good to be true? These three will be your saviour, so.
1. Coffee Chia Pudding
Breakfast and coffeine fix rolled into one? Sign us up.
- 200 ml 3/4 cup + 1 tsbp cold coffee
- 200 ml 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp golden syrup honey or maple syrup work as well
- 8 tbsp chia seeds
- 0.5 tsp vanilla bean powder
- Grated chocolate
Mix all ingredients
Let chill for 4 h (or overnight
Serve with whipped cream and grated chocolate
To make vegan, use your choice of vegan milk and finish with whipped coconut cream.
(Recipe via Nutritionistmeetschef.com)
2. Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
Anything that tastes like dessert for breakfast is good with us.
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (heaping) rolled oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or ground flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 0-2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Spoon into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Close and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before eating.
(Recipe via Wholefully.com)
3. Banana Coconut Chia Pudding
This breakfast tastes like summer and sunshine – in other words; just what your dark winter mornings need.
- 2 cups coconut milk or full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, to serve
- Throw the coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt into your blender, and blast on high for 10 to 20 seconds until smooth. Transfer this mixture to a glass bowl or large jar and stir in the chia seeds until well combined.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours (or overnight) stirring occasionally to evenly distribute the chia seeds.
- Once chilled, stir the mixture again, and add in 1 mashed banana.
- Transfer the mixture to 4 serving bowls and top with chopped banana and shredded coconut.
(Recipa via Healthyblenderrecipes.com)
(Feature image via Hello Glow)