Aperol Spritz ice-pops are here and they are ridiculously straight-forward to make
Aperol Spitz: nothing short of a summer '18 sensation.
Step forward Aperol Spritz ice-pops - perfect for the long Bank Holiday weekend.
Better still, they're actually ridiculously straight-forward to make. We spotted this particular recipe over on GoodHousekeeping.co.uk:
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 375 ml water
- Juice of 1 orange (making 100ml/3½fl oz)
- 75 ml of Aperol
- 150 ml prosecco
- In a small pan, gently heat the caster sugar with the water to dissolve the sugar.
- Divide liquid between moulds, add a slice of orange to each, poke in lolly sticks and freeze until solid.
Otherwise, if you're more in the market for Aperol Spritz rather than Aperol Spritz ice-pops, here are our tips:
What you'll need
- A bottle of chilled prosecco
- A bottle of Aperol
- Soda water
- Balloon glasses
- Ice cubes
What you'll do
- Fill the glasses generously with cubed ice
- Combine prosecco followed by Aperol in equal parts
- Add a splash of soda
- Garnish with a slice of orange.
Aperol Spritz is a classic Italian aperitivo; it has a distinctive orange colour and a bitter-sweet taste that in an instant can transport your mind to glowing sunsets on the Amalfi Coast. Bliss!