These banana cinnamon muffins are PERFECT for a morning snack
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and sometimes it's nice to mix it up.
You know that mid-morning slump, it hits around 10:30 / 11:00 am when lunch feels like it's 26 hours away.
That's when the beautiful world of healthy snacking comes into play.
We always steer clear of muffins when we're trying to eat healthily, it can be a mine-field of sugar and cream and deliciousness that we just steer clear of because we can't COPE. Well, this recipe ticks all the health boxes and still allows us to say we're eating muffins.
Here's the kicker they're only 100 calories a pop... Win!
- 2 1/4 cups dry oats
- 2 ripe bananas, broken into chunks
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/3 cup natural apple sauce
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin cups.
- Place the oats in a food processor and pulse until mostly ground.
- Add in all remaining ingredients. Process just until mixture is evenly combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the centre of a muffin.
*If you do not own a food processor, you can buy oat flour and combine the ingredients by hand in a mixing bowl.
Recipe with thanks to Shape Magazine.