Celebrate December With A Tray Of Chocolate Christmas Tree Brownies
Oh yes. December is finally here and 'tis finally the season to get busy in the kitchen.
This week we've asked Boutique Bake's Catherine Buggy for seven delicious recipes that you can make with the kids this Christmas.
These are the perfect little desserts for your table over the holidays - little guests will adore them and they go down a treat at the school Christmas bake sale!
- 1 x Boutique Bake Brownie Mix
- 150g melted butter
- 3 eggs
- Chocolate Fingers/Candy Canes (approx. 10)
- Chocolate stars/sprinkles/icing sugar, to decorate
If you can’t find our brownie mix in a shop near you, here is an alternative brownie recipe that you can use:
- 400g caster sugar
- 225g butter, melted
- 60g cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 225g self- raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 180 C / 160 Fan.
- Mix our brownie mix with 3 eggs and 150g of melted butter (or if using alternative recipe mix all required ingredients) until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into a greased/lined square tin (10 x 7inch approx.).
- Bake for 20 - 25 mins depending on how gooey you like your brownies!
Top Tip: If you want your brownies nice and gooey, make sure to take your brownies out of the oven when there is still a bit of a wobble in the centre and the edge parts are just beginning to cook!
- Once brownies are cool, cut into Christmas tree-shaped triangles. Use a spatula to remove onto a board to decorate.
- Place half a chocolate finger/candy cane into the base of your brownie, in the place of a tree trunk!
- Place a chocolate star at the top of your brownie tree, decorate with sugar decorations/sprinkles
- Finally, dust with some icing sugar and serve!