Cheesecake stuffed Easter Eggs are all the rage this year - here's how to make them
Of course they are, it's a chocolate egg filled with cheesecake.
Chances are you probably don't have a whole lot going on this Easter, and that's fine. Nobody does. And if you do, you probably live in the UK.
But never fear, because there's an Easter recipe abound just begging to be made by you (yes, you) this weekend. Cheesecake stuffed Easter eggs. Easter eggs stuffed with cheesecake. That's all.
These sugar-filled delicious creations have been floating around TikTok and Instagram for a while now, but you know what's even better than simply looking at a cheesecake stuffed Easter egg? Making one yourself.
Here's how you do it.
You'll need (serves 2):
- 1 easter egg, evenly cut
- 100g digestive biscuits, crushed
- Nob of butter
- 200g cream cheese
- 100ml cream
- 25g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate pieces and shavings
- Whatever other toppings you fancy: we recommend Kinder pieces, Kinder Bueno pieces, Mini Eggs, Lotus biscuits, Creme Eggs, that sort of thing.
1. Melt the butter and mix into the crushed biscuits until smooth. Place the mixture into the bottom of each egg half. Leave aside.
2. Mix together the cream cheese, sugar, cream, and vanilla until smooth. Stir through some chocolate pieces (as much as you like, really), until combined.
3. Spoon the mixture into the egg and shave chocolate over the top. Decoration can also include melted chocolate, jellies, or Mini Eggs. Allow to set in the fridge for about an hour before serving.