Gingerbread salted caramel pecan cheesecake is the Christmas Day dessert we all deserve
Want to go all out with your dessert this Christmas Day lunch?
Then this is it. The cheesecake of dreams – and so perfectly seasonal and festive too.
The delicious invention by Siúcra and foodie influencer Lili Forberg, this Gingerbread Salted Caramel Pecan Cheesecake is the perfect festive dessert!
Salty and sweet, this is sure to be a firm favourite with the entire family. Not only that, but it’s fun and simple to whip up too.
Just see for yourself:
300 g ginger biscuits
150 g unsalted butter (room temp)
800 g cream cheese
150 g icing sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/4 cup (60 ml) cream
1/2 cup (100g) Siúcra Caster sugar
1/4 cup (50g) unsalted butter
1/3 (80ml) cup cream
Sprinkle of salt
3/4 cup (140g) pecans
- Put ginger biscuits and butter in food processor and mix until well combined.
- Put into a greased cake tin.
- Put the ingredients of the cheese mixture in a bowl and mix using a hand mixer.
- Put in the fridge.
- For the glaze, put caster sugar on a medium heat and stir until it becomes a brown liquid consistency. Turn off the heat and add the butter until melted in.
- Add a sprinkle of salt and cream. You can put this back on the heat on low.
- Add the pecans and mix in. Let cool slightly and pour over cake.
- Leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours. You can also leave some of the caramel sauce for when you are serving the cake.
- Heat it and pour over full cake or over each slice.