Give your pancakes a makeover with this Unicorn Pancake recipe
Why settle for plain pancakes when you can have Unicorn ones?
We don't know about you but we're getting a bit bored of simple pancakes, and so are the kids, so we went on the lookout for something a bit different, offering the traditional pancake base with a twist.
Thankfully the folks over at Dr. Oetker have a brilliant and easy recipe for Unicorn Pancakes. Using special 'Unicorn Chips' and marshmallows, you'll have a delicious treat whipped up in no time.
Here are the ngredients for the pancakes:
115g Plain Flour
Pinch of Salt
1tsp Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
1 Large Egg (beaten)
100ml Whole Milk
100g Dr. Oetker Unicorn Chips
10ml Vegetable Oil
Here are the ingredients for the marshmallow sauce:
100g Dr. Oetker Heart Marshmallows
100ml of double cream
Recipe for pancakes:
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the egg and milk and gradually whisk into the dry ingredients until well blended. Stir in the Unicorn Chips.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan or griddle pan, add some of the oil and allow to heat, then drop 2 tablespoons of the batter into the pan to make each pancake.
- Cook over a medium heat until bubbles appear, this takes about 2 minutes. Flip the pancake over with a slice or palette knife to cook the other side until it is golden brown.
- Lift pancakes onto a cooling rack that is covered with kitchen towel and place more kitchen towel lightly on the top. Cook all the batter and if necessary add more oil to the pan.
- To decorate, break the White Chocolate into a heatproof bowl and stand over a saucepan of barely simmering water until melted. Remove from the water and cool for 10 minutes.
Recipe for marshmallow sauce:
- In a saucepan, gently melt the Heart Marshmallows with the cream. The sauce will thicken slightly as it cools. It can be reheated gently if needs be.
Now, all you have to do is enjoy them.