Gluten-free & refined sugar-free double chocolate pancakes – because Saturday
Happy long weekend, guys!
It's June, summer has arrived and really, we all just feel very happy and sunny here at Herfamily HQ, as I am sure you do too. Long weekends tend to have that effect on us all, no?
Anyway, to kick start the next three glorious days off, we thought this pancake recipe might just to the trick:
2 cup all-purpose, gluten-free flour
1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. ghee, melted (more for frying)
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Then, in a small bowl, mix together the wet ingredients including the eggs, milk, vanilla, and ghee.
- Combine egg mixture with the flour blend in the large bowl. Add chocolate chips, and mix well.
- Place a griddle or frying pan over low-medium heat and melt the ghee. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and cook 3-4 minutes until bubbles start to appear on the surface. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Repeat the process with remaining batter.
- Separate into plates and add a drizzle of maple syrup and sprinkle of chocolate chips. Serve and enjoy for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
(Recipe and feature image via Mothermag.com)