Mmm... Ultimate Hot Chocolate recipe
For the chilly day that’s in it, we decided to see if there was an ultimate hot chocolate recipe we could try out.
And there is, courtesy of the one and only culinary goddess Martha Stewart.
We found this gem on her website and it warmed our hearts (and stomachs) from just reading it.
What you need:
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 cinnamon stick/6 sprigs of fresh mint/2 split vanilla bean*
- 10 ounces of milk chocolate, broken into small pieces
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings
*depending on your own tastes
What to do:
1. Heat the milk to scalding in a medium saucepan.
2. Add in the cinnamon/mint/vanilla and steep for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the saucepan from the heat and strain before returning to the saucepan.
4. Reheat the milk and, using a whisk, stir in the chocolate until melted and the milk is frothy.
5. Serve immediately with a generous dollop of whipped cream and chocolate shavings. (We'd also recommend throwing in a few marshmallows too!)
For more delicious hot chocolate recipes - including some boozy ones - click here.