M&S share recipe for some seriously delicious-sounding Percy Pig crispy bars
Need an easy – and super-fun – baking project to take on with the kids this weekend?
Well, then say hello to Percy Pig crispy bars – some very tasty treats that are just as fun to make as they sound.
M&S shared the recipe, created by London-based food blogger @PlatesOfTate, earlier this week, and honestly, we are picking up the ingredients today.
Se dette innlegget på Instagram
Move over banana bread ... this weekend we’re making Percy Pig Crispy Bars! ? These bars are so easy to make and only require a few ingredients including our Mini Marshmallows, Percy Pigs and our INCREDIBLE Percy Pig dessert sauce. They’re so delicious and moreish, let us know if you make them! Swipe for the recipe ➡️ ? & recipe: @platesoftate • • • #thisisnotjust #mymarksfave #percypig
The recipe clearly came as a delight to fans of Percy Pigs, with M&S's Instagram post featuring the recipe garnering more than 3,000 likes and hundreds of comments from excited followers.
Fancy trying to make these yourself? Here is the recipe:
Percy Pig Crispy Bars
- 40g knob of butter
- 250g of mini marshmallows
- 100g of Rice Krispies (or any rice pop cereal)
- 125g M&S Percy Pig strawberry dessert sauce
- One bag of Percy Pigs
- Line a large square baking tin with greaseproof paper
- Melt the butter over a low heat in a large saucepan, stirring until completely melted
- Add into the saucepan 200g mini marshmallows, keep 50g in reserve to decorate, then add the 125g of Percy Pig dessert sauce
- Stir carefully until all completely melted. Take off the heat
- Stir in the Rice Krispies until completely covered in the marshmallow mixture
- Add in 125g of the torn-up Percy Pigs and stir gently
- Carefully press into the baking tin until flat and even
- Top with the remaining 50g mini marshmallows and 45g Percy Pig sweets, lightly pressing into the mixture
- Chill in the fridge for at least four hours, ideally overnight
Carefully slice into bars with a sharp knife