These Santa cookies are the perfect December Sunday baking project
Finally – December is here, and we can release all our Christmas excitement on the world.
Starting with these super soft and chewy chocolate pudding cookies with chocolate chips – the perfect baking project, really, to kick this month off.
Better still? Get the kids into the kitchen and make these together – and then bring around to the neighbours/granny's house to help get everone in the festive spirit!
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg (room temperature preferred)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup red & green M&Ms
- * keep extra chocolate chips & M&Ms aside to put on the tops of cookies
- In a bowl combine all your dry ingredients; flour, baking soda & salt. Set aside
- In a large bowl combine butter and all 3 sugars and cream together using an electric mixer on medium speed for a few minutes until light & fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla extract and continue mixing. Slowly add in dry ingredients and continue mixing until your cookie dough forms and everything is thoroughly combined. Fold in chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Pour cookie dough onto plastic wrap and wrap thoroughly to freeze for at least 2 to 3 hours. Take cookie dough out of freezer to thaw for about 10 to 15 minutes prior to baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, scoop cookie dough into small balls and place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes. When cookies come out of the oven place a few extra chocolate chips and M&Ms on the surfaces to make them pop.
- Allow cookies to cool for about 5 minutes before serving, store any leftover in an airtight container.
(Images via Creme de la Crumb)