These Christmas Tree Cupcakes will get you in the festive spirit
It's December 1st so the official countdown is on for Christmas.
However you might not be feeling too festive just yet. That's where we come in. Or should we say, that's where these Christmas Tree Cupcakes come in.
Make these and we guarantee you and your little ones will be humming I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday in no time!
For the cupcakes (makes 10-12)...
- 125g Light Golden Brown Sugar
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 150g self-raising flour
- 3 tbsps milk
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180°C / 160°C fan.
2. Line a bun tin with 12 paper cases.
3. Beat together the butter and Light Golden Brown Sugar until pale and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
5. Mix in the vanilla extract, flour and milk.
6. Divide the mixture equally between the 12 cases.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
8. Cool on a wire rack before piping on the buttercream.
For the buttercream...
- 450g Icing Sugar
- 225g butter, at room temperature
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Green food colouring
- Sugar decorations: silver balls, stars, circles
1. Beat the butter and Icing Sugar together. Add the vanilla extract and beat again. It takes a few minutes to turn into buttercream.
2. Add the green food colouring gradually until you have the desired colour.
3. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle.
4. Pipe onto each cupcake starting wide at the bottom and getting narrower as you go up. Try to do this in one movement.
5. Place a star decoration on top and coloured sugar decorations or silver balls around the tree.