These quick and easy egg muffins will become your weekday breakfast saviour
And you can cook them in bulk!
When it comes to breakfast, we often fall short with regard to the most important meal of the day. Yes, often in such a rush to get out the door, we’re lucky if we get the chance to make some toast.
However, as we’ve heard time and time again, meal prep can make our lives a lot easier and we think this breakfast recipe is the answer to our morning prayers.
Egg muffins are one of the handiest breakfasts you can pre-prepare and we just love how simple this recipe from Lemon Tree Dwelling is. With just a few simple ingredients you can have a delicious breakfast ready for the week ahead.
Making it in bulk means you can keep some in the fridge for later and get out the door with a full tummy and still be on time for work - win!
What you’ll need:
- 10 large eggs
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese
- 6 rashers
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. chives
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and milk and whisk well.
3. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese, cooked rashers, salt, and pepper.
4. Divide mixture evenly among 12 greased muffin cups.
5. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and fresh chives.
6. Bake at 190 degrees for 20 minutes or until the centres are set and muffins are beginning to brown.