This smoothie bowl tastes EXACTLY like carrot cake (and is so easy to make)
Having something nice for breakfast just puts you in a great mood, no?
The thing is, having a chocolate croissant or something equally indulgent just kind of puts you on a slippery slope for the day, though? (And the high's and low's you'll be sending you blood sugar on will make you reach for the 3pm Kit Kat, no doubt...)
But here's the thing; you can have something totally gorgeous for brekkie, and still feel all virtuous and good about yourself. Word! You just need to pick the right thing.
And in our humble opinion, you don't get much more right than this carrot cake smoothie bowl. It seriously makes you feel like you are having your cake – and eating it too.
Carrot cake smoothie bowl
- 2 bananas
- 1½ cups plain non-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ½ cup finely shredded carrots (liquid strained out)
- 2 tablespoons sweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup fresh pineapple
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- sweetened coconut flakes
- whole roasted almonds
- shredded carrots
- golden raisins
- In a large blender, combine all smoothie ingredients and pulse on high speed until well blended.
- Pour equally into 2 large bowls, then top with toppings!
(Recipe via Bromabakery.com)