Treat Yourself... Miniature Carrot Cakes with Cream Cheese Icing
We think Sunday is the perfect day for baking (and it also helps to keep the Monday Blues at bay for that wee bit longer).
This week we are sharing one of our favourite recipes with you and it's one that doesn't make us feel too guilty (because they contain carrots).
Introducing Miniature Carrot Cakes with Cream Cheese Icing...
- 8oz self-raising flour
- 8oz carrots, grated
- 4oz soft brown sugar
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the icing:
- 2oz cream cheese
- 4oz icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees (150 fan-assisted oven).
2. Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg. Make a hole in the centre of the mixture.
3. Mix in the eggs, oil, vanilla extract and grated carrots.
4. When well incorporated, spoon the mixture into muffin cases and bake for 25-30 minutes.
5. When the mini carrot cakes have cooled, make the icing. Put the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract into a small bowl and stir until the icing is smooth.
6. Spoon the icing onto the cakes and finish with a sprinkle of chocolate.