12 mums and dads share the hilarious reasons their toddler have had tantrums
Toddlers can be pretty great.
You've officially made it past the 'baby-baby' stage and your boy or girl is a fully-fledged mini-person, with their own personality starting to shine through.
They're walking, they're talking, they're learning all about the world around them at a crazy pace. All in all, it can be fascinating and fun to be around.
Just not when they're throwing a tantrum, having a meltdown or have burst into tears for absolutely no reason.
Reddit user mrsbebe told her fellow /r/Mommit users how her toddler cried because she ha put more oatmeal on her plate - as she asked them, "Why did your toddler cry today?"
Parents were more than happy to spill on the reasons why their little boy or girl had gotten upset - and the answers are too relatable.
Honestly, we can't stop nodding along.
Here are some of our favourites.
- "My son cried bc I had him stop brushing his teeth after a half an hour." [x]
- "I threw the toilet paper in the toilet after wiping my 3 year olds bum and he had a total meltdown demanding I take it out again so he could throw it in." [x]
- "Mine cried yesterday because I dared to COOK her egg. She did NOT want it cooked." [x]
- "My sons biggest melt down was because I wouldn’t let him put his boogers up my nose so they could 'be together'." [x]
- "My daughter ugly cried because I asked her if she just tried to bite my cheek (spoiler alert: she did)." [x]
- "My 12 month old had a full on meltdown that resulted in all of her bones becoming liquified and her melting into a screaming crying pile of baby because I wouldn’t let her play with her poopy diaper. At 6 am." [x]
- "She couldn’t hold a piece of toast in each hand and pick up her cup at the same time." [x]
- "Because he no longer eats food in a triangle shape. Round and square are now the only acceptable shapes. I cut his veggie burger patty up like a pizza and clearly I just done f-ed up everything. I'm assuming this will change radically next week when I serve him round and square foods." [x]
- "My daughter cried because she ate her cupcake too fast and then later she cried again when daddy wouldn't share his beer." [x]
- "Because she insisted her shirt being backwards was precisely the fashion choice she wanted and we fixed it." [x]
- "Because I gave him chocolate milk when he asked for chocolate milk "[x]
- "While laying next to him waiting for him to fall asleep, my toddler cried because my leg was touching his." [x]