8 things anyone whose toddler wakes up SUPER early will know to be true
Parenthood is synonymous with sacrifice.
There are certain luxuries that become ancient history once little people land in your life and sadly, sleep is one of those things.
You may think you've gotten the hang of a sleep routine while your child is a baby, only for them to hit toddlerhood and establish a completely new and erratic sleeping pattern.
Here are eight things that anyone whose toddler wakes up crazy early will understand.
- Your toddler will save their earliest starts for the most inopportune times.
All week we struggle to wake up our son for school. He refuses to wake up or if he does he’s cranky and sleepy. But on a Saturday morning he’d be wide awake at 6:30am all fresh and raring to explore the world out there. Why does he do that!!?? #toddlers #momlife #sleepinisadream pic.twitter.com/d62n0UKuF8
— mummarushi (@arushiithakur) January 12, 2019
2. Their unpredictable sleep schedule will wreak havoc on any plans you ever try to make.
Makes plans to grocery shop while toddler is sleeping, toddler wakes up at 5:30am. pic.twitter.com/GE3zsLooMk
— Cicely Tyson's funeral hat (@AAndersenPhoto) January 15, 2019
3. They are inexplicably full of beans even after the smallest amount of sleep.
I want the energy of a toddler. How can they sleep for only one hour all night then wake up and start running around the house yelling and screaming while I'm like... pic.twitter.com/JSWqPYMOvO
— Tyler Floyd (@_7yler) January 12, 2019
4. You have to be very careful with when you get your own sleep.
It's 3am and toddler will wake up anywhere between 5 and 7. Why did I have a long nap in the afternoon. Stupid body. I'm gonna be a wreck.
— Mango Jango (@MeliDraws) January 14, 2019
5. Taking the early starts in turns with your other half won't always work out as expected.
Last night my husband said I could sleep in this morning.
5.45: I wake to pee (again)
6: His alarm goes off
6.25: Toddler wakes screaming mummy
6.35: They have a conversation outside my bedroom door.
This is not what I had in mind. #lightsleeper #mumlife
— The Rhyming Mum (@TheRhymingMum) January 12, 2019
6. You think you have finally established a routine, only for something to come along and throw it all off.
I didn’t realize growth spurts could make your toddler wake up every freaking hour throughout the night. We’re gonna have a fuuuun day.
— Elizabeth (@e_oni_onigiri) January 8, 2019
7. They are oddly resistant to naps, even though they have been awake for HOURS.
Currently in a standoff with my toddler. She refuses to nap, and I refuse to negotiate with a 2 year old.
This could go on for hours. pic.twitter.com/gmmlaZ2Ket
— McKenna ❄ (@MrsHump_Truck) December 13, 2018
8. And when they do finally sleep, you'd do anything to make sure they don't stir.
There are many difficult decisions in life...
Do I wake the toddler in my arms to pee?
Or let my bladder explode?
— Jessica Gresch (@AbsentAznMom) January 10, 2019