Daycare shut down after a toddler was put inside a dryer
She didn't tell the parents.
A daycare in the US has been shut down after a child was put through a clothes dryer.
A daycare in Michigan has been stripped of its license after a child put another child into the dryer and turned it on.
The owner of the daycare decided to not tell the parents about this incident, which caused the creche to then be shut down.
According to the Michigan Department of Licensing of Regulatory Affairs (LARA), the owner brought the child, who was described as Minor Household Member 1 (MHM 1), to the hospital after being "stressed out" when this child had put another in the dryer.
MHM 1 then admitted to the nurse and a social worker that she had in fact done this and turned the dryer on.
The child who was put in the dryer was then told her mum what had happened and said it was "hot, and it was dark and hurt my back."
The woman who owned the daycare decided both not to tell the parents or report what had happened to LARA, who stated that the woman failed to "provide truthful and accurate information to the department during an investigation."
"It was critical to take emergency action to protect the health, welfare, and safety of the children at this family child care home," LARA said in an official statement.
The statement also said that the woman has been in violation of the Child Care Organizations act, referring to the "lack of appropriate care and supervision" and "suitability and conduciveness to the welfare of children."
Since November 3rd, the woman is no longer allowed to own and operate a daycare.