Dublin Fire Brigade issues public warning after washing machine goes up in flames
This common habit is a lot more dangerous than you think.
Dublin Fire Brigade has issued a warning to the public after a washing machine caught fire.
They have urged members of the public to never leave their homes when the washing machine is switched on.
The team attended a fire in Dublin after the bank holiday weekend.
Has the washing built up over the mega-long bank holiday?
We advise you to never leave your home while a washing machine or tumble dryer is on.
Have you checked the manufacture websites for safety recalls recently?
Firefighters dealt with a washing machine fire last week. pic.twitter.com/Zx6YPZyKwT
— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) March 21, 2022
They managed to put the fire out but warned the public to stop leaving appliances on when they're not home.
This is because if a fire does break out there is nobody there to notice until it is too late.
Dublin Fire Brigade wrote: "Has the washing built up over the mega-long bank holiday?
"We advise you to never leave your home while a washing machine or tumble dryer is on."
"Have you checked the manufacturer websites for safety recalls recently?" they asked.
"Firefighters dealt with a washing machine fire last week."
You should never leave appliances like washing machines, dryers, or dishwashers on when you're not home. You also shouldn't have them on when you're asleep.
Firefighters explained that if a fire does break out and you're asleep or out then the damage and risk to life is far more dangerous.