10 very honest (and brilliant) breastfeeding quotes from some very famous mamas
Celebs basking in the glory of the boob! What did these famous mamas and what they have to say about their breastfeeding adventures...
1. "All I ever heard was everyone bitch about it – nobody ever said, ‘You are not going to believe how emotional this is.’ It’s like, I’ll say I’m going to stop, and then I’m in there, feeding her."
- Jennifer Garner via People
2. "Breastfeeding has been one of the best experiences of my life... I love it! I can’t stop... I think I’m going to breastfeed him until he goes to college! I’m hooked!"
- Shakira via US Weekly
3. "I'm like an alcoholic... It's like, I don't care if I cry, I don't care if I'm fat, I'm just gonna do it for one more week, one more month, and then, when I see how much good it is doing her, I can't stop."
- Salma Hayek via The Sunday Times
4. "Breastfeeding should not be taboo, and bottlefeeding should not be judged. It's ALL fun for the whole family."
- Jaime King
5. "I think breastfeeding is healthy and natural and it’s a comfort to my baby so I can give a shit what somebody else thinks."
- Pink On the 'Alan Carr: Chatty Man' show in 2012
6. "We all have nipples. I don’t care who I offend; my baby wants to eat. If I can’t get a cover over me quick enough, so be it."
- Selma Blair via People
7. "What I’ve been told is it’s important to have the bonding latch right away. Everyone I know who had pain in the beginning says how amazing it was after the first two weeks – that the insane feelings of ecstasy while baby nurses are the best ever, and that it’s so worth the baracuda jaws for two weeks."
- Alicia Silverstone wrote on her blog, The Kind Life
8. "I'm busy milking all day long. I feel like I have probably lost a good 75 per cent of my brain power... I say it halved itself and it halved itself again. It's not just the sleep deprivation, it is the breastfeeding and I call it the 'lactose lobotomy.’"
- Naomi Watts via Celebrity Baby Scoop
9. "It's like two little liposuction machines on you ... they suck the fat out of you. They call it the 'double football hold'. You hold one here and here, like two footballs … They're doing God's work right there, helping me return to my birth weight."
- Modern Family's Julie Bowen on breastfeeding her twin sons.
10. "My theory is that nursing gives you superhuman powers. How else could I be doing all this when I’m usually a sleepaholic?"
- Gwen Stefani via People
Get weekly inspiration to your inbox.
Read more about: