10 reasons we like Kim Kardashian West more as a Mom
After much hoping and wishing (and"500 times a day" sex sessions with hubby Kanye West), Kim Kardashian has announced she is pregnant with baby number two.
The reality TV star, who shared her struggle to conceive for a second time on Keeping Up with the Kardashians, revealed the baby news in a teaser for the new series of show.
She's one of the world's most famous (and controversial) women, but we've always had a soft spot for Kim K as a Mom. Here are ten reasons why:
1. Pregnant Kim makes bold (and amusing) maternity fashion choices. Are they always the most sartorially sound choices? Hell no. But does Kim give a damn what we think of her floral peplum pants or Lanvin knit Barbie dresses? Nope.
2. She offers sneak peeks at fabulously ostentatious baby gifts. The world's top designers scrambled to ensure little North was cocooned in Lanvin, Maison Martin Margiela and Givenchy before she took her first steps, with Kim Instagramming every delivery for our nosy viewing pleasure.
3. She didn't let motherhood take away her chutzspah. A few months after North was born and Kim Kardashian was back doing what Kim Kardashian does best: using her bum to garner attention on a global scale. There's a lesson in there for all of us. Somewhere.
4. In fact, she's become even braver since becoming a Mum.
In November, Kim joined Paper Magazine on a mission to #Breaktheinternet. One epic butt picture later and the job was done, as was the notion that becoming a mother somehow excludes you from celebrating your sexuality. There's been other wild cards too, including a month or two as a platinum blonde. Oh, and waist training.
5. Ain't no party like a North West party
She's only had one so far, but North West's birthday party was properly epic. Inspired by Coachella, the theme was "Kidchella" and the little guests enjoyed a music stage, teepees and a full-size Ferris wheel, natch. Can't wait 'til the tot turns two on June 15.
6. She ignores the haters and responds with good humour. Whether she was being accused of waxing her baby daughter's eyebrows (“Do people really think I would wax my daughters eyebrows so young? Come on, I’d wait until she’s at least 2 1/2!” or cropping her out of a selfie: "Her eyes were closed and I was feeling my look! Can I live?!?!" Kim keeps it (relatively) real for a celeb.
7. She pokes fun at celebrity. And Anna Wintour. Like when Kim and North dressed up as Wintour and contributing Vogue editor Andre Leon Talley for a spot of trick or treating.
Oh, and then there's the family collection of #Famleezys...
9. She's real
Okay so not everybody would brave the front row of a New York Fashion Week show with a toddler in tow, but Mrs West was determined her daughter would be there to support her daddy's new collections. Cue toddler wobbler in front of Beyonce, Jay Z and Anna Wintour. Kim dealt with it in the way most of us would have dealt with it. She called her mom.
10. Kim as a Mum is much less contrived than she was pre-North. She's less pouty, more shouty. She told AP: "I think when you have a baby there's like no time for any like shit. Excuse my language. You don't have time for it and sometimes I see things and I'm like, 'I'm not gonna let that slide. This person was wrong."