Chef shows exactly why you shouldn't leave your kids in the car
A survey revealed earlier this year that a quarter of parents have left their children in the car unattended.
Now an Australian chef has revealed just how dangerous that can be.
Matt Moran invited a number of people to the launch of his ‘Unconventional Oven’ – which turned out not to be an oven but rather a car sitting out in the sun.
He explained how he was able to cook a lamb loin in less than two hours due to the heat in the vehicle.
While we realise that Ireland is nowhere near as warm as Australia, this video is a stark reminder of what can happen in warm conditions.
The message at the end of the clip reads: “Even on a cooler day, temperatures inside a car can reach above 70 degrees Celsius.”
“The sun turns any car into an oven. Keep your kids safe this summer. Keep them with you.”
Via YouTube/Kidsafe Australia.