Mum Issues Warning About Placing Children's Cots Close Together In Viral Facebook Post 3 years ago

Mum Issues Warning About Placing Children's Cots Close Together In Viral Facebook Post

A mum was warned other parents against placing their children’s cots close together in a bedroom.

Alison Johnson, from Arizona, took to Facebook to tell her friends and family about a recent incident which could have ended in tragedy.

Like many parents with kids close in age, the mum-of-three positioned the two cribs adjacent to each other in the children’s room.

I have a lot of friends that have twins or kids close in age that may have a similar set up, so I wanted to share...

Posted by Alison Johnson on Monday, 4 April 2016

The post reads: “I have a lot of friends that have twins or kids close in age that may have a similar set up, so I wanted to share something VERY scary that happened today.

“This morning I put Caleb down for his nap. Shortly after he started to cry. After a few minutes, I went in to check on him.

“He had climbed out of his crib and was stuck between his crib and Libby's crib. His body fit through, but his head wouldn't.

“He was using every ounce of energy he had to hold himself up by his little arms. If they had given out, he would've just been hanging there by his head.

“What's even more scary is that like many moms, I generally use nap time as an opportunity to shower. Had I done that today and checked on him after five minutes, he would have literally hung himself.

“When baby proofing, I never in a million years would have seen this as a potential danger. Please consider sharing this post in case someone you know may have a similar set up.

“It's incredibly heartbreaking to think of what the outcome could have been today. I'm still totally shook up over it and don't think the vision of him stuck there will ever leave my head.”

Thankfully little Caleb is okay but, like Alison said in her post which has over 42,000 shares, the outcome could have been very different.

We can’t imagine how terrifying this must have been for the mum but we think it’s fantastic that she’s sharing her story and spreading awareness about this potential danger.