Mucho matcha: This matcha bath bomb is the ultimate treat for your skin
Matcha tea has to be one of trendiest drinks out there right now.
It seems like every Instagram post has a cup of matcha somewhere in the frame. Well, the much-loved trend is now evolving, and people are starting to use it for other things...
The powdered tea is also known as a great antioxidant, and is packed with vitamins that your skin will just love. So, what better way to absorb all that vitamin-goodness than soaking in it? Yes, this matcha bath bomb is a serious treat for your skin, and best of all? You can make one yourself from the comfort of your own home.
What you’ll need:
1-2 heaped teaspoons of matcha
3 cups baking soda
1 cup citric acid
1 cup melted shea butter
1 teaspoon natural green colourant
Bath bomb moulds
5 drops sandalwood oil
Coconut oil to grease moulds
1. Combine baking soda and citric acid in a large bowl.
2. Add the matcha, green colourant, and the shea butter.
3. Spray moulds with witch hazel five to ten times.
4. Once your mixture is a mouldable consistency, fill half of the mould with the mixture and put it to one side.
5. Slightly overfill the other half of the moulds with the remaining mixture and squeeze the two halves of the moulds together.
6. Leave for 20 minutes to set, then gently remove one half of the moulds.
7. Leave the bombs in the other half of the moulds until they harden, then gently remove the other mould.
8. Leave the bombs for another 24 hours, then fill your tub and enjoy!
Feature image: Tumblr.