This Is One Thing You Should NOT Do In The Shower
So there are a lot of things you shouldn't do in the shower but this is something that you probably do in there without a second thought.
According to The Gloss, a number of skin experts have said that you shouldn't wash your face in the shower because the hot water strips your skin of its natural oils, leaving it feeling tight and dry.
The residue from your shampoo and conditioner can also drip down onto your face and get trapped in the skin, potentially causing breakouts.
Dr. Elizabeth Tanzi says that the sink is the best place to wash your face and recommends using lukewarm to cold water as it is better for delicate skin.
Amandine Isnard, head of product development at EVE LOM, also advised using cold water, explaining: “A cold finish stimulates circulation and can be hugely beneficial to the overall glow of your skin".
Here are some other tips on how to avoid dry skin:
- Apply moisturiser immediately after washing
- Pick products that suit your skin type and if you're not sure, ask an expert
- Pick a cream rather than a lotion and stick to unscented products
- Keep shower and bath time to a minimum (5-10 minutes)
- Cover up when out in the cold (get out those gloves!)