13 things about teething every parent knows to be true
You knew having a baby would be hard, but something you mightn't have thought of beforehand was teething.
"How rough could growing some teeny-tiny teeth really be?," you might have foolishly thought to yourself.
Very rough, as it turns out.
The poor baba doesn't understand what's going on and you don't know how to comfort them, meaning you and your child are one the verge of a meltdown at any point.
Here are 13 things any parent of a teething baby knows all too well.
1. You follow all of the advice, but baby just won't play ball
babies will literally chew everything except their teething rings
— sum (@sensationalsumm) January 13, 2018
2. Baby often resembles someone coming off a three day bender at Electric Picnic
Judging by his jaw action my one-year-old is on a hell of a rollover. Either that or he’s teething again. Who’s to say?
— Louise McSharry (@louisemcsharry) January 22, 2018
3. Or a character from a horror flick
— Pronounced Jakes (@MatthewJaques) January 20, 2018
4. They're a little wetter than usual
It finally happened: I got a mouthful of teething baby drool. #dadlife
— CT (@teniralCist) January 17, 2018
5. And a bit icky, honestly
The teething poos, oh man. pic.twitter.com/NBJUdqIByo
— Kaye ❦ Hello Archie (@helloarchie_) January 13, 2018
6. Baby's distress means sleep is just a distant dream
Good morning! Knackered too, little teething dude couldn’t settle properly, gonna be a long day! pic.twitter.com/qZAXPWL8HB
— ℝ?????? (@Legohelmet) January 13, 2018
7. And thanks to the new fangs, they pose a real danger to you and others
Breastfeeding my teething 16mo like pic.twitter.com/r3NKmkAzKX
— Sarah (@shoelessgirl) January 23, 2018
8. It seems like it'll never end
My little baby girl has two teeth poking through her gums. Only took 7 months of teething
— SUPER BOWL (@JIFcan_noose) January 13, 2018
9. And baby-free people just don't get it
As a (young) mom I can honestly say nothing is more irritating than having my teething toddler out in public and getting dirty looks from people when he’s whining/crying in pain. Like please don’t make me smack the look off your face.
— wine mom (@nikkamangano) January 17, 2018
10. Like, REALLY don't get it
Please compare your teething puppy to my teething child one more time.. you’re in for a wake up call when you have kids yourself?
— K (@k__efthimiou) January 13, 2018
11. No matter how much you want to kill them, it's still super upsetting to see them so distressed
I really wish teething wasn't a thing babies have to go through, I can only imagine how miserable they truly feel.
— Toni Bugaj (@T_BUGATTI_) January 20, 2018
12. But you know that if you can get through this tough time...
Sitting outside the co op in my coat over my pjs and slippers waiting for it to open this morning at quarter to 7 to buy a dummy with a screaming teething baby has possibly been a low point in my existence
— Han (@Hansexual_) January 23, 2018
13. You'll get through ANYTHING
I'll swap you my teething one-year old with a diaper rash.
— Whitney Weatherholt (@auburngirl05) January 18, 2018