Fresh starts: 25 small lifestyle changes that will make you happier and healthier
We have passed the half-way mark of 2020.
And HOLY CRAP what a six months it has been.
However, I don't know about you, but I feel like, little by little, life is slowly returning to some level of normality – and boy, does it feel good.
Personally, I'm a big believer in fresh starts and this second half of 2o20 – this post lockdown life – it feels like one. And I think we should embrace it.
I often think it is not so much the big, drastic efforts that have the biggest effect when it comes to elevating or changing our lives. Instead, try paying attention to the little things, the small actions of your everyday life. And notice how making small changes here can actually, in the long run, end up making a big difference.
I love that saying: "How you spend your days is how you spend your life." Because it is so true. All those every-days, all those Mondays and Tuesdays and Thursdays, they really are what make up our lives, and so changing your life for the better, it really starts here.
And so stop taking on big lofty resolutions that feel like a burden or make you feel like you aren't good enough, and instead, try adding these little changes, bit by bit. I can pretty much promise you that by the time 2021 rolls around, you'll be feeling like you are living your bestest life, glowing with happiness and health.
Are you ready to make a start?
1. Go to bed earlier
2. Wake up earlier
3. Learn to make three really healthy and nourishing recipes
4. Get comfortable saying no to things you don't want to do – and that doesn't fit in with your schedule
5. Do a tech detox every evening
6. Get into the habit of bringing a water bottle (reusable, of course) everywhere you go
7. Take a yoga class – and commit to going once a week
8. Book a dentist appointment – and schedule your next check-up for six months down the line
9. Write down three things every evening you are grateful for
10. Visit a garden centre and buy a green plant
11. Re-watch 'Sex and the City' from the very start
12. Tidy out your wardrobe
13. Simplify your phone, delete any apps you don't use
14. Make some ready-made smoothie packs and keep in your freezer
15. Be more mindful about your alcohol habits
16. Book a massage
17. Ditch diet drinks for good
18. Buy yourself fresh flowers every Friday
19. Start a bookclub
20. Plan a weekend trip with your mum
21. Eat something green every day
22. Stretch every morning
23. Call your friend you haven't heard from in a while
24. Sit down and take a proper look at your finances – and make adjustments where needed
25. Deep-clean your house, one room at a time – and throw out or donate everything you no longer use or need