Mums writes post to warn parents about magnetic toy that left son in hospital 8 months ago

Mums writes post to warn parents about magnetic toy that left son in hospital

This is so frightening.

A concerned mum took to social media to warn other parents about the dangers of magnetic toys after her son was left in the emergency room.

Jennifer White from Wisconsin said that her four-year-old ended up in the hospital after breaking open a toy and swallowing the magnetic parts within.

While Jennifer's viral post was originally written a couple of months ago it is still being shared around the internet and I can see why.

Jennifer's son Beck required major surgery after the youngster accidentally swallowed magnetic pieces contained inside a toy he was chewing on.

The mum wrote that she felt guilty sharing her story but felt it was necessary to prevent another child from ending up the same way.

"Beck broke open a magnetic toy and has 13 tiny magnets in him. I feel guilty AF and horrible posting this but I don’t want another child to go through this. If you have little ones or chewers these are dangerous and we’re removing them from our home. Dogs could also break these open too."

I never would have thought that a toy like this would break apart so easily or that the contents would be so dangerous to ingest and I'm so glad I came across this post.

It's shocking to think that something that breaks apart like this is being marketed towards small children and I really hope the manufacturer rethink the design to avoid any further accidents.