Are you ready for a summer of picnics, outings and outdoor dining?
We sure are.
And being plant-based, I am even more excited now after having tasted the brand new delicious treats from The Happy Pear, all designed to make snacking and eating on the go that little bit healthier.
Among the new offerings are two new dips, spicy Red Pepper Pesto and Black Olive Tapenade, both perfect for adding to pasta, spreading on crusty bread or use as a dip for crudites. In other words, perfect picnic food.
The Happy Pear Spicy Red Pepper Pesto
- A flavour packed pesto made with almonds, cashews, garlic and red peppers; originating in the Catalunya region of Northern Spain, the team have brought this to the next level with the addition of harissa spices.
The Happy Pear Black Olive Tapenade
- A rich and flavoursome black olive spread blended with juicy sundried tomatoes.
As well as the two dips, The Happy Pear has also launched a brand new confectionary range with three delicious bars. The bars are crafted from healthy ingredients and free from preservatives, hand made in small batches, and I know I will forever keep one in my bag going forward, for when I just need a little sweet hit, but want to keep things healthy.
“The bars are a real hit with the customers in the café, so it was a natural next step to make them readily available around the country through SuperValu and Centra stores, for all our fellow sweet treat lovers,” said Dave and Steve of their newest launch.
The Happy Pear Chocoluv Brownie
- A fabulously fudgy twist on a classic brownie; this is a delicious rich chocolate brownie sponge which is hand-made and baked in small batches; then smothered on top with a lovely Belgian dark chocolate topping.
- Using the best ingredients with no artificial preservatives, flavours or colours; it is full of yumminess and great taste and is vegan as well! For all those chocoluv’s out there!
The Happy Pear Mighty Millionaire
- A delicious blend of soft dates & almond butter caramel layered onto a tasty baked shortbread base and topped with a layer of rich Belgian dark chocolate.
- Hand-finished with a melted dark Belgian chocolate lattice decoration on top gives a final touch.
- Full of tasty yumminess; and vegan; it has no artificial preservatives, flavours or colours and is sure to be mighty enjoyed!
The Happy Pear Coconut Bliss
- Moist shredded coconut mixed with ground almonds and a hint of vanilla then all wrapped up in a dark rich Belgian chocolate.
- Handmade in small batches; it is a flavour adventure which is vegan and free from artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. Just bliss!
The Happy Pear’s new dips and a confectionary bar range available exclusively in SuperValu and Centra stores nationwide. The dips retail for €4.99, while the bars are €2.29 each.