I don’t know about you guys, but we are always on the hunt for delicious new smoothie recipes here at HerFamily HQ, hoping that adding a bit of variety will help keep us on the nutritional straight and narrow.
There is not getting away from the fact that green is good for you, but take solace in the fact that these super-food smoothies can actually taste really great too.
Our latest discovery is this really refreshing version, that sort of (kind of) makes you feel like you are drinking a mojito. And who doesn’t want that at 8am?!
- 1 cup (240ml) coconut water or water
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest 3 limes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup (25g) torn-up curly green kale leaves (1 or 2 large leaves with stalk removed)
- ½ cup (18g) firmly packed mint
- 2 cups (320g) frozen pineapple
- 5 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
Throw all of the ingredients into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
(Recipe via Loveandlemons.com)