Investigation underway following overnight cyberattack at The Coombe
It occurred last night.
The Coombe Women and Infants University Hospital in Dublin has confirmed that there was a cyberattack at the hospital overnight.
While services are continuing to run as normal on Thursday, a statement has said that there is now an investigation into the attack that occurred last night.
"We wish to reassure all of those accessing our services that these services are continuing as normal," the hospital said in a statement.
"We have locked down all our IT systems on a precautionary basis and are working closely with the HSE to resolve this matter."
This comes after a major cyberattack hit the HSE earlier this year which left a huge disruption to the health service.
The HSE has said its teams are now working with the Coombe and have disconnected the facility from the National Health Network.
The HSE added that the attack has now impacted several systems in the hospital.
"At this point we have not seen evidence of an impact external to the Coombe hospital but we are continuing, with external support, to assess whether there is any broader impact. We will share further information as we have it," the HSE said, according to RTÉ.