'I'm so thankful': Cork mum praises Aer Lingus stewardess who saved her choking baby
A Cork woman has heaped praise on a stewardess who stopped her baby from choking while on a recent flight.
Lisa Murray was travelling on an Aer Lingus flight to Izmir in Turkey with her daughter Miley Rose last weekend when the one-year-old began to choke on a Pringle.
The mum immediately called out for help, she said.
With the whole plane looking on in horror, Miley started to turn blue as the crisp had become stuck in her throat.
"Tonight I witnessed my child's life nearly taken from her," Lisa wrote in a Facebook post last Saturday.
"She nearly choked to death on the plane.
"It got lodged in her throat and she was choking she was practically losing conciousness at this stage.
"I was panicking and screaming, 'She's choking, she's choking' and the whole plane was in a panic."
Luckily an air hostess named Chloe stepped in.
She calmly took over and managed to dislodge the crisp, saving the little girl.
Lisa described the ordeal as "the fright of her life".
"I'm still shaking, I'm just thankful that she's here in my arms now next to me and we can enjoy our holidays."
Lisa is now trying to track Chloe down, saying she wanted to give her a gift as thanks for coming to the rescue.
"This girl calmed the whole plane down and took Miley under her wing as if she was one of her own.
"So professional, making everyone comfortable and able to enjoy their flight.
"Hoping to find her name so I can treat her to a voucher because she definitely deserves it."
Fingers crossed that Lisa and Chloe can be reunited so Chloe can get just praise in person for taking action.