Is your smart phone charger a major fire hazard? 7 years ago

Is your smart phone charger a major fire hazard?

The Fire Brigade has issued a warning to householders about leaving mobile phone chargers and other appliances plugged in for long periods of time.

Emergency services tackled a blaze that broke out on Sunday in Castleknock, Co. Dublin and while they couldn't pinpoint the source of the initial spark in this instance, experts warned that plug-in appliances such as chargers and air fresheners pose a serious fire risk.

Safety first

Charging your phone overnight is fine provided you leave the device on a bedside table or other non-combustible surface. Once your device is charged, unplug the charger and store it until your next use.

 

Advertisement