Would You Like To Come And Join Our Brilliant Team? HerFamily.ie Are Hiring
Are you a witty writer, a social media fanatic or someone who doesn't balk at the honest side of parenting? If so, we want you on our team.
Due to our remarkable growth, Maximum Media now has an exciting new opportunity for one new role, ideally a 4/5 day week permanent position, and one maternity cover for six months.
You DON'T have to be a parent to join our team either... we have parents and yet-to-be parents on our team....
At HerFamily.ie we are all about a fresh approach to parenting, but it’s not just about parenting – we're engaging our readers with the latest news, movies, wellness, travel, books, interiors, beauty, health, and fashion. And that's just for starters.
The successful candidate will help make HerFamily.ie an even bigger success by bringing Irish parents content they want to read. It's honest and refreshing, and that's why we're now Ireland's leading parenting lifestyle site.
You MUST have a minimum of three years experience in journalism.
The successful candidate will probably be…
- A newshound – monitor news-gathering services such as social media, press releases, radio, and television.
- Have a magazine-style of writing – a light, snappy tone-of-voice that's friendly and chatty. Your writing style should feel like our readers are chatting to a mum pal.
- A social media devotee – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat and the rest...
- A techie – the days when a journalist was only a writer are gone. The journalist of tomorrow will be able to tell stories across multiple media formats.
- A stickler for quality – you want to deliver the best stories and the best content you possibly can in a concise and accurate way.
Responsibilities will include:
- Interviewing people in a range of different circumstances.
- Investigating and corroborating stories via your contacts, press releases and other media in order to ensure the highest possible standards of accuracy.
- Building contacts to maintain a flow of news and information tailored for Irish families.
- Reacting to breaking news stories.
- Working closely with the Editor and multimedia teams in order to create all types of content for HerFamily.ie – including video, audio, graphics and written copy.
- Creating content ranging from short, entertaining items to in-depth researching, reporting and writing of longer feature articles.
- Live reporting (real-time blogging, live tweeting or Facebook Live) when covering important events.
- Sub editing copy and managing contributor copy.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter, samples of your writing style to: sive.obrien@HerFamily.ie and make sure to write ’HerFamily.ie Journalist Application’ in the subject line. Before Tuesday 18th October.
It's exciting, fun and fast-paced, but rewarding. Get in touch and get on board.