Safety warning issued for certain Smyths bikes
The bikes were sold between January and July.
A safety notice has been issued for certain bicycles sold by Smyths Toys Superstores.
The company has identified an issue with the braking system of five types of bicycles, sold between 1st January 2021 to 31st July 2021.
The problem pertains to incorrect housing potentially being used for the braking system, which may affect the performance of the brakes over time.
The affected bicycles are as follows:
- 12" Tiger Black/Red Bike [product code: 187671]
- 14" Dinosaur [product code: 118062]
- 16" Mini Freestyle [product code: 172771]
- 16" Team MX-16 [product code: 158323]
- 20" Blaze Bike [product code: 135176]
The company says that if you think you have one of these bikes, bring it to your local Smyths shop where one of their bike experts will inspect it, replace its cable and adjust it if required.