16-year-old girl dies after inhaling laughing gas at party 3 months ago

16-year-old girl dies after inhaling laughing gas at party

"Her life was taken away from her"

The family of Kayleigh Burns has spoken out after she died from inhaling laughing gas.

According to the Liverpool Echo, the teenager collapsed at a house party shortly after taking the drug.

The sister of Kayleigh Burns confirmed the teenager was attending a house party on June 4th before she was hospitalised.

During the party, her friends contacted her sister and told her she was rushed to hospital.

Police then arrived at her sister's home and told her her teenage sister had sadly passed away..

Clare has paid tribute to her late sister in an interview with the Liverpool Echo.

"My sister was only 16, almost 17, and she was the most amazing little girl ever. The bond that we had, I can't even describe.

"Kayleigh grew up and had a good childhood and she was in a loving family. As she grew older she got mixed up with the wrong sort of people.

Advertisement

"She was interested in make-up and fashion and wanted to travel the world. She wanted to be an air hostess or work on the cruises and her life was taken away from her."

Clare is sharing Kayleigh's harrowing story in a bid to raise awareness about the dangers of laughing gas.

She has urged young people to think before they take something.

"I want people to think about what they are taking before they take it because they're going to leave people behind who love them.

"People may think it is a laugh and a joke, but it's not, they're playing with their lives."

She has called for nitrous oxide to be banned because too many people have died because of it.

The heartbroken sister said she doesn't know what she will do without her little sister.