Tess Daly confirms Jamie Laing will be replaced on Strictly Come Dancing 2019 7 months ago

Tess Daly confirms Jamie Laing will be replaced on Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Tess Daly has confirmed Jamie Laing will be replaced on Strictly Come Dancing 2019. 

Earlier this week. it was announced the 30-year-old had been forced to quit the competition after sustaining an injury during rehearsals.

Due to the fact that the launch show is pre-recorded, he will still appear in the episode scheduled to air tonight [September 7].

And Tess has now confirmed the Made in Chelsea star will be replaced - and that she'll be finding out this weekend.

She told Metro:

"There’s drama and we haven’t even started yet!

"I can confirm there will be a replacement and I’ll find out on Sunday who that is. I think that’s when everybody will get the news but that’s when I find out, I know."

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by BBC Strictly (@bbcstrictly) on


In a brief statement on earlier this week, the BBC bosses confirmed Jamie would no long be taking part in the series.

They said:

"Sadly due to an injury, Jamie Laing will no longer be able to take part in this year's series of Strictly Come Dancing.

"As the Strictly launch show is pre-recorded, Jamie will still feature in this programme which airs Saturday September 7."

Meanwhile, executive producer, Sarah James added:

"We are so sad that Jamie won't be able to take part in the series, he had already lit up the ballroom during the launch show with his boundless energy and enthusiasm.

"We all wish him a full and speedy recovery."