Toddler in critical condition in hospital after Paw Patrol soap exploded 4 years ago

Toddler in critical condition in hospital after Paw Patrol soap exploded

A three-year-old boy is in a critical condition in hospital in Belfast right now after his bottle of Paw Patrol bath foam exploded, leaving him with burn injuries.

According to the child's aunt, who posted a picture of the mouldable bath foam on Facebook to warn other parents, the toddler, who lives in Derry, is currently receiving treatment at Belfast's Royal Hospital for Sick Children.

Speaking to Belfast Live, the toddler's aunt explains that her newphew has "burns to the outside and inside of the body," and a spokesman for the Belfast Trust confirmed the little boy is “in the children’s intensive care unit and his condition is critical”.

The bath foam featuring the characters from the popular TV show "Paw Patrol" is currently for sale in a variety of stores, pharmacies and high street shops, and Nickelodeon, who own the Paw Patrol brand, are said to be investigating the incident, but are yet to issue a safety recall.

 

Advertisement

 

 

 

A spokesperson for Nickelodeon said: “We are terribly sorry to hear about this dreadful incident and we are gathering more information about the licensed product involved.”