Trick or treating can go ahead this year, the Taoiseach has confirmed 1 month ago

Trick or treating can go ahead this year, the Taoiseach has confirmed

Good news for children.

We are just over a week away from Halloween, and up and down the land, children have no doubt started getting excited for this year's tricking or treating. Especially since last year's Halloween was a rather sombre affair, with the country in lockdown and trick or treating banned.

Luckily, though – Taoiseach Micheal Martin addressed the nation yesterday to give an update on the restrictions that will be eased this coming Friday, October 22, and confirmed that trick or treating can go ahead.

Better get those costumes and buckets for sweets ready.

After being asked about the prospect of trick-or-treating and taking holidays abroad during midterm, the Taoiseach said children should go and ‘enjoy themselves.’

"Children are not the problem," Martin confirmed.

Advertisement

"The CMO says that the return to school has been successful and he’s happy with the situation. Children can go play and enjoy themselves. And with relation to going abroad, travel is allowed and there are various restrictions in place."

As for other restrictions being eased this coming Friday, the 11.30pm mandatory closing time in pubs and restaurants will be scrapped, while table service and Covid certs to eat indoors will remain.

Nightclubs will be permitted to reopen with the mandatory showing of vaccine certs and there will be strict capacity limits.

Masks will also remain mandatory for indoor events and gatherings for the foreseeable future.