Stuck for something to do this weekend? Ikea is celebrating 10 years in Ireland with TONS of fun
It seems like it wasn't that long since they opened their doors, but this weekend, Ikea is celebrating 10 years in Ireland – and they are inviting us al to come join in the celebrations.
If you happen to be in the city centre this weekend, the Ikea Cake Creation Station will pop up for one day only today, at 34 Wicklow Street.
And throughout the day (from 12pm – 7pm) people will have the opportunity to assemble their very own mini cake. IKEA is asking the public to make a small donation to Barnardos in exchange for their cake, which they can take home or enjoy there with a beverage, some down time, and a little slice of Swedish relaxation.
As well as this, the Scandinavian homewares giant will also mark their birthday occasion by hosting a range of exciting activities in their Ballymun store both this weekend, and over the coming days:
Get your party hat on and come along to the Ballymun store on 27th July – 4th August to take part in the following 10th Anniversary celebrations:
- ABBA Tribute Band – Rock out to fantastic Swedish classics, go on dancing queen! (27th July only)
- Surprise Giveaways – Swipe your IKEA Family card at checkouts to win some wonderful prizes. (27th July only)
- James Kavanagh Party Food Demo – Get top tips from foodie James Kavanagh from 10am – 2pm. Each session will be 40 mins long with time for audience Q&A. (27th July only)
- Magician and Face Painting – Lose yourself in magic with our mystical magician and let the kiddies enter a world of imagination with some creative face painting. (27th July only)
- Make Your Own Party Hat Demo – Learn how to create the perfect party hat in creative 30-minute sessions in store from 12pm – 4pm. (27th July - 4th August)
- Botanical Bar Pop Up – Quench your thirst with delicious mocktails which will be handed out to shoppers from 12pm – 4pm on 26th & 28th July – 4th August and from 12pm – 6pm on 27th July.
- IKEA Treasure Hunt - Fun for all the family but especially the little ones. Keep the kids entertained whilst you shop with our treasure hunt. Tick off the checkpoints, reveal the hidden word and win an instant prize. (27th July - 4th August)
- Win A Bed Competition – Catch the ultimate ZZZ’s with a brand-new bed from IKEA. Customers can enter to win from 12pm – 4pm on 26th & 28th July – 4th August and from 12pm – 6pm on 27th July.
IKEA Family members can celebrate this momentous birthday with discounts on an array of the most recognisable IKEA products from 26th July – 4th August, while stocks last.