Search icon

Health

28th Dec 2018

Kids get sick over Christmas? This could be the reason why

And the reason is pretty rank.

Well, this isn’t good.

While we’re all caught up in the merriment of Christmas, it seems like something has gone unnoticed.

According to experts, our Christmas trees are making us sick.

Image result for sneezing gif

Research from Prevalin Allergy in the UK has revealed more than a third of us will suffer from ‘Christmas tree syndrome’ this festive season.

Basically, what makes you cough and sneeze and get all stuffed up is the mould that can grow on the trees as they warm up while they’re in your house (and don’t even mention if yours is near a fireplace).

Image result for real christmas tree

Dr Andy Whittamore told Express: “Most of the time mould is obvious in the home, but many people don’t realise that mould also naturally grows on Christmas trees.

“This is made worse when people turn their heating on, as the warmer temperature encourages mould to grow faster.”

Might think twice before getting ourselves a real tree next year!