BREAKING: Penneys confirm they WILL reopen ALL stores across Ireland within a week
Hands up who's going to be first in line?
Penneys fans have been eagerly awaiting news of when the bargain retailer will reopen their doors to the public, having been closed due to the Coronavirus pandemic since mid-March.
And now Penneys has finally confirmed the date it will reopen all of its Irish stores following the Government's fast-tracking announcement yesterday.
The clothing retailer confirms it is working on reopening some of their stores in Dublin and across the country from June 12 – with every shop of theirs opened by June 15.
In other words, shops with street access will open on Friday 12 June, and its remaining stores that are located in shopping centres across Ireland will open on Monday 15 June.
Strick social distancing measures in place
For anyone worried about safety, Penneys has reassured customers they will have extensive measures in place to help keep both employees and customers safe once they are fully reopened.
- Limits on the number of customers in store at any one time to allow for the appropriate distance in between customers and employees, following government guidelines.
- Clear signage and floor decals, as well as dedicated employees and additional security staff, to guide customers through the store in a way that limits contact with others.
- Every second till will be closed to allow more space between customers and between employees.
- We have temporarily closed off fitting rooms, customer toilets and our cafe and beauty concessions in stores which have them. We may review this policy as the situation develops and in line with government guidance.
There will also be personal protection for employees and customers in place across the stores.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be made available at the entrance and on the shop floor and back of house for employee and customer use. Face masks and gloves will be made available to all Penneys employees.
- Perspex screens have been installed on tills to protect customers and employees.