Search icon


21st Jun 2023

CCPC recall brand of kid’s flashlights due to choking hazard and chemical issue

Sophie Collins


The Competitions and Consumer Protection Commission has issued a recall notice on a child’s flashlight that has been sold in Ireland.

Officials noted a safety issue with an Early Childhood Education Flashlight on the AliExpress platform in their recall.

The risk reported to the CCPC is that of choking and a chemical issue.

The notice confirmed: “The battery compartment can be easily opened, leaving the button batteries accessible.

“A child may put them in the mouth and choke on them or they can be swallowed, which could cause damage to the child’s gastrointestinal tract.”

The model number is LP12145622LAN. The brand, the bar code, and the batch number are unknown.

The number sold by the AliExpress platform is unknown, however, given the online availability of this product, officials fear it may have been sold to customers in the Republic of Ireland.

What to do:

If you purchased one of these products, you should discontinue use immediately and keep it out of the reach of children.

If you want to contact AliExpress to see if there are any remedies available to you you can do this through your user account on the platform.


Fans think they’ve figured out Kourtney and Travis baby’s name

Parents outraged after school issues cruel message about school tour

Gino D’Acampo makes awkward Phillip Schofield remark on This Morning