Ella Mills tragically died on Sunday in Washington.
Tributes have been pouring in for Trinity College Student Ella Mills who sadly passed away in a tragic kayaking accident.
The student died after a piece of her clothing was caught on a rock when she was kayaking in Potomac River in Maryland.
Ella sadly passed away in Washington on Sunday.
The beloved student’s former school penned a moving tribute to her.
“A tough day for all today. Ella always flew the flag for the quiet ones. We appreciate the quiet ones.”
They added: “It is with great sadness that I write to let you know that our former pupil Ella Mills died tragically in a Kayaking accident on Sunday in Washington DC. Ella was a much cherished past student of Sutton Park School.”
Very sad news from Washington ??
RIP to Ella Mills, an Irish student who died in a Kyaking accident on the Potimac River.
Prayers to her friends and family as they mourn a young woman who had her whole life in front of her ? ❤️ pic.twitter.com/aEANZYLpSo
— The weird & wacky world (@weird_wacky) September 19, 2023
“Ella’s Mum Jo-Ann Feely will be known to many of you as Chair of our Board Of Management. Our hearts are broken for Jo-Ann, Ralph and Ella’s two siblings Isabel and Leo who are in Second Year. This is a truly tragic time. Words fail us all. Our sympathies and thoughts are with Ella’s family and her large group of friends.”
Ella was studying at Columbia at the time of her passing. Ella’s dean at Columbia also paid tribute.
“Ella had a love for learning, was intellectually curious, and passionate about literature – eager to soak in new ways of looking at literature and viewing the world as a literary scholar.”
We’re keeping Ella’s loved ones in our thoughts during this tragic time.
- Georgie Crawford hears her baby’s heartbeat after landing in Georgia
- One mum has the most genius trick for when you just need a bit of peace from the kids
- Jack Whitehall and Roxy Horner pick traditional girl’s name for their daughter
- Government planning to extend Child Benefit to over 18s in school
- Lucy Watson reveals she’s pregnant with her first child
- Temple Street: Taoiseach ‘concerned’ and ‘bothered’ by spinal surgery incidents
- Stacey Solomon pens tribute following dear friend’s death