22 of the BEST pieces of parenting advice in 6 words
A few weeks ago we ran a piece about a brilliant hashtag on the The New York Times blog shouting out to parents to impart #ParentingAdviceinSix. The result? Some of the funniest tweets from parents, that were then judged and bestowed accolades.
Among our many favourites were these beauts: "What doesn't kill you, tries to" and "Get over yourself; they mostly survive!"
So, we posed the question to our readers on Facebook – what's the best piece of advice in six little words – here's what you said:
1. "Stay positive, keep calm, don't over-react."
Lisa Magz (she also added that she might need to take her own advice!).
2. "Do what feels natural... TO YOU."
3. "Love each day, they're growing fast."
4. "Have fun, the cleaning can wait."
Jenny Matthews Lyons
5. "Take each day as it comes."
6. "Enjoy it, this too shall pass."
7. Nothing will prepare, nothing will compare."
8. "You know best, believe in yourself."
9. "Stop being so hard on yourself."
Niamh Alison Casey
10 "It will all be better tomorrow."
11. Trust yourself, all will be fine."
12. "Fasten seatbelts, it's a rocky ride!"
13. "After a bad day, there's wine!"
14. "Make sure they know you're there."
15. "Love unconditionaly, laugh, listen, help, encourage."
16. "Stop reading books, follow baby's lead."
Sarah O'Connor Ryan
17. "Live, laugh, love, kiss, cuddle, dance."
18. "Look up, put your phone down."
Amelita Bumanglag Goux
19. "Forget everything you think you know."
20. "Love is all that really matters."
21."Cuddles, snuggles, kisses with no sleep."
22. "Tantrums... not just for the kids."
All Paula English (we couldn't decide).
Which one is your favourite? Got any to add to this list? Share with us: editorial@HerFamily.ie or on twitter, @HerFamilydotie.