Ever sleep with your charger in bed? Here's why you shouldn't 2 years ago

Ever sleep with your charger in bed? Here's why you shouldn't

It can be hard for all family members to get away from screens late at night, but this just provides even more of an incentive.

People are being warned that phone chargers can be a fire hazard in a bed.

The Newton Fire Department in New Hampshire in the US shared these images of a charger alongside a burnt sheet and pillow on Facebook.

The accompanying post reveals that having a charger on the bed could lead it to catch fire;

"Research has revealed that 53% of children/teens charge their phone or tablet either on their bed or under their pillow.

"This is can be extremely dangerous. The heat generated cannot dissipate and the charger will become hotter and hotter. The likely result is that the pillow/bed will catch fire.

"This places the child/teen as well as everyone else in the home in great danger. Please check where you & your family charge your mobile devices."

To stay safe, it's best to only charge your phone for a short amount of time and unplug the charger as soon as the phone has a full battery.

It's also best not to leave a charger plugged in overnight, as this could lead to fire.