5 caffeine-free ways to feel more alert in the morning
Because if we drink any more coffee, we might just drown in it.
In an ideal world, we would all be getting at least eight hours of uninterrupted sleep a night. But that's not always the reality.
If you've had a sleepless night and you need your body to wake the hell up, or you're trying to teach yourself how to be an early riser, try adding these five simple tricks to your morning routine. No caffeine required.
1. Once you've rolled out of bed try doing 10 quick jumping jacks to rev up your body, mind and metabolism.
2. Before jumping in the shower, invigorate your body and increase your circulation by using a natural bristle brush to dry brush your skin from head to toe.
3. Once in the shower, blast the cold water for the last minute (if you can). Otherwise, splash your face with cold water over the sink. It's an an oldie but a goodie that actually does work.
4. Drink freshly squeezed juice (from fruit that you have cut, not in a carton). Those lovely live enzymes will give you more energy.
5. If all else fails, trick yourself into feeling more awake by straightening your posture, walking briskly and laughing out loud. Faking it until you make it will tell your mind you feel more alert than you actually do.