These baby names are so cute.
If you’re expecting a baby soon then why not seek name inspiration from the 1980s? 40 years may have passed since the decade of shoulder pads, The Breakfast Club, and leg warmers, but ’80s-inspired baby names are reportedly growing in popularity.
We’ve gathered our favourite baby monikers from that decade and some of them are actually pretty sweet.
Traditional names like Matthew, James, and Robert were staples back in the 80s, and they’re becoming more popular today.
When it comes to baby girls, Elizabeth, Katie, and Emily were some of the most popular baby names and still feature in baby name lists today.
Check out our full list below.
Did your name feature in our list? What is your favourite baby name inspired by the 1980s? Let us know in the comments.
- Georgie Crawford hears her baby’s heartbeat after landing in Georgia
- Temple Street: Taoiseach ‘concerned’ and ‘bothered’ by spinal surgery incidents
- One mum has the most genius trick for when you just need a bit of peace from the kids
- Jack Whitehall and Roxy Horner pick traditional girl’s name for their daughter
- What is congenital pneumonia and how do babies get it?
- Government planning to extend Child Benefit to over 18s in school