The Call the Midwife Christmas special is just weeks away
We’re counting down the days to the Call the Midwife Christmas special.
The beloved BBC drama never fails to warm our hearts, especially the special Christmas episode.
The show will return with its festive installment on Christmas Day, but it sounds like it’s going to be quite a moving episode.
Speaking about the historical drama series, lead actress Jenny Agutter told Digital Spy that one character may be in danger.
“Sister Julienne is always worried about Nonnatus House, although we’re in a pretty good place financially, and she’s got ideas about the future,” she said.
“And the only other concern, as winter approaches, is Sister Monica Joan.
“Winter is tough — something you need to get through, and Sister Monica Joan feels she’s not going to get through it and won’t be there next year.”
She revealed that Sister Monica Joan is “very low and very depressed” this Christmas.
“It is up to Sister Julienne to help her see that there is no reason to believe these dark thoughts and that there is a great deal of vitality in her,” she added.
Fans have often been concerned about Sister Monica Joan’s future as she has struggled with her health in recent series.
The beloved character has faced so many challenges during her time on the show, but Call the Midwife won’t be the same without her.
Let’s hope nothing happens to Sister Monica Joan in the Christmas special or there will be a lot of tears on Christmas Day.
- Virgin River fans overjoyed as show returns with Christmas episodes
- Stacey Solomon faces criticism over extreme Christmas decorations
- Weird but wonderful Christmas Day traditions
- Aunts are as important as mothers when raising daughters, according to science
- ‘Life is unpredictable’ – Anna Geary opens up on the grief of losing her brother
- Megan Fox sadly reveals she had an ectopic pregnancy